This One Doesn't Add Up  

Posted by JasonI


Posted by Integral Differentiator Jason Ibrahim

Am I the only one here who has had the privilege of taking a math/science course that required work be done on engineering paper? I would go to the college bookstore a couple times a semester and pick up a wad of this stuff, do my work and hand it in. Usually, it would return looking like my GPA had waged a bloody, unsuccessful campaign on its pages. For some reason though, I still look back with fondness.

You see, it wasn't just graph paper. Your standard graphing paper had a white background and blue lines. Not only did the engineering paper have special places for your name, course name, instructor, and last will and testament, it was also a joy to behold in its pale green background and bright green lines. These always made me feel like I was calculating the angles of artillery trajectories necessary to overwhelm the Enemy Base, but usually Train A made it to Chicago well before Train B, without the help of either Harrison Ford or his physics-enthused sidekick.

When I saw Paul wearing The Shirt this morning, all those feelings came flooding back. Thanks for the memories.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 at Monday, October 27, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment